- Minimally invasive microdiscectomy
- Minimally Invasive laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusions
- Nerve root decompressions
- Disc Arthroplasty (Replacements)
- Complex Scoliosis Correction
- Spinal Cord Tumours
- Spinal Oncology
Dr Winder specialises in Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery; this type of “keyhole” surgery can be performed as day only procedures with >90% of cases requiring less than 24 hrs in hospital. He has established a solid reputation, offering excellent clinical results with fast recovery and minimal hospital stay.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusions (ACDF)
- Cervical Disc Arthroplasty (Replacements)
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Foraminotomy
- Cervical Laminectomy
- Posterior Cervical Fusions
- Cervical Corpectomy (Vertebrectomy)
- Complex Cervical Fusions (Occipit-C2)
Dr Winder performs cervical operations using minimally invasive approaches, many as day only surgical procedures. He has researched and published data on the benefits of minimally invasive approaches over standard open techniques.
- Decompressions and Fusions
- Spinal Tumours
- Endoscopic and Open Thoracic Discectomies
Dr Winder has a specialised focus on Minimally Invasive Cranial Surgery with sub specialist training in a variety of areas. He works with a dedicated Skull Base Team where required in an effort to attain the best possible patient outcomes.
- Pituitary Tumours
- Skull Base Tumours (Chordomas, Craniopharyngiomas, Dermoids,
- epidermoids, Neurenteric Cysts, GlomusJugulare).
- Vascular conditions (Aneurysms, Cavernomas)
He has a special interest in
- Endoscopic Pituitary Tumour Resection (non secretory and secretory), working with a dedicated pituitary team (Endocrinology, Neuroradiology and Otorhinolaryngology).
- Microvascular Decompressions (MVDs) for Trigeminal Neuralgia and Hemifacial Spasm
As well as two separate North American Fellowships, Dr Winder has a Master of Surgery (Neurosurgery) attained at the University of Sydney, under the supervision of Professor Michael K. Morgan, specialising in Cerebrovascular Surgery. He has a strong interest in cerebral aneurysm management.